background

Monday, July 1, 2013

eARC: Deja Voodoo by Elle James

Really late last night I finished Deja Voodoo by Elle James. Part of my reasoning for wanting to read this story is that it takes place in Louisiana, which happens to be one of my favorite states. I'm actually glad I got a chance to read this story. Let me explain why:

Technically the story is suppose to be suspenseful, but it didn't get suspenseful till the end. However, I found the story humorous. Now you wonder why? Well, Alexandra Belle Boyette (Alex) is one of nineteen children. The best part of her family is that they are all named after famous people in history, which definitely makes the family unique.

Ed Marceaux arrives to Bayou Miste to safeguard a key witness in an upcoming trial. However, the Boyette clan has no clue what the real reason he's in there lovely town, but Alex's mother sees an opportunity to help her daughter catch a man. After all, she's getting up there in age (yep, 30 is old in her mom's book for not being married).

Yes, some of the book was a bit ridiculous, but highly entertaining. Especially, when you toss the voodoo magic. I was laughing out loud at some of the situation. I found the story extremely entertaining. However, if you are looking for some serious suspense, I would suggest another book. However, if you are looking for something light and fun with a dash of suspence, I would suggest checking out Deja Voodoo.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment