background

Monday, January 14, 2013

Love, Lust & Pixie Dust by Erica Ridley

Hey everybody, I'm so glad to be still alive. That flu stuff sucks, but fortunately I was able to still finish a book in my sicken condition, which is a amazing. I'm just glad it was light and fun to read. Now I got you curious on what I just read, or at least I hope. I just finished Love, Lust & Pixie Dust by Erica Ridley. So, let me share the light and fun I read:

First off you need to know the important characters, because there is a lot of interesting characters; especially in Nether-Netherland (and for the rest of us the fairy world).

Daisy LeFey: Trying to become a Tooth Fairy, trying to rise above  a scientist in Nether-Netherland. A pixie without wings
Trevor Masterson: the pale-anthropologist who Daisy stumbles upon on her first solo mission.
Vivian Valdemeer: Evil conniving Tooth Fairy who is trying to get Daisy's father back also is Daisy's "mentor".
A.J.: Guardian Angel also Daisy's father.
Arabella: Fairy Godmother also Daisy's mother
Joshua Berrymellow: the sniveling weasel of a guy who is competing against Trevor for tenure at the school they work at.

First off the story put a smile on my face. Seriously, how many Tooth Fairies do you know botch their first solo assignment. What makes it even more fun is Daisy doesn't report back immediately, but tries to rectify the situation. Which causes her to break more laws in Nether-Netherland. I guess it would be a lot of pressure to try to be the perfect daughter if you had a father who is a guardian angel and mother who happens to be a fairy godmother and somehow you weren't given any magical powers. Man that would suck. In the process trying to fix the assignment, wreak havoc on unsuspecting by standard, Trevor.

Seriously, cute read. I mean you have Daisy who is a smart intelligent pixie who would like nothing more than to get her wings, yet lacking on magical powers is looked down upon. In some aspects you feel bad for her, but you whoop for her for her initiative. I love her can do attitude. Then you meet Trevor who is so focus on his career that he is willing to let life his pass him by without looking back, until Daisy stumbles into his life.

I love the chemistry of Trevor and Daisy. Daisy is just so sweet and innocent, then you have Trevor who is gruff and mean at first. All because his life is interrupted. Yet, they both need each others help.

Overall, a charming read that was light and fun. Pretty much a leisure read to take your mind off the world. Plus, it gives hope that true love can conquer all. So, if you looking for something fun and nothing too serious you might want to checkout Love, Lust & Pixie Dust. If nothing else the silliness will take your mind off anything. So, I hope you all have a wonderful day and fun in what your reading.

Copy provided by the author

Rating:
  


Purchase Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment