background

Saturday, January 12, 2013

eARC: The Reluctant Countess by Wendy Vella

Good evening everyone. Well, I have been finishing up reading The Reluctant Countess by Wendy Vella. So, let me get to the quick sum up of the story and what I thought of the story.

Sophia, the Countess of Monmouth, is a very intriguing young lady. Especially, when she hasn't always grew up in the lap of luxury. Starting out as a maid, in the Earl of Monmouth, and rising above her station in life by marrying Monmouth before he passed away.

Now has finally come to London to partake in a season. However, people don't know what to think of her. Most of them think she is the ice queen, by the way she acts. Yet that is not the case, she is just trying to manage to keep up the facade. Patrick, the Earl of Coulter, is intrigued by the Countess and is bound to find out her story.

First off, I did enjoy this story. I have to say that I was pleased with the characters in the story. I liked how Sophia was willing to become the Countess of Monmouth to help her friend Lady Letitia Carstairs from certain perils, even though she is uncomfortable being part of society.

Then you have Patrick, who has a knack for shoving his foot in his mouth. I'm seriously impress on how he can say so many wrong things to a lady. There were a couple of moments I slapped my palm to my face and thinking: really, you didn't just say that. When Patrick wasn't making a fool of himself, he was an actually a decent guy willing to help Sophia no matter what. It's nice to see a hero step up and be the hero he should be. Plus, he was willing to keep Sophia secret.

Overall, this is a sweet story about a girl who meets someone that could possibly be her champion. After all, we all need a champion who can help us fight our battles no matter how big or small they are. In Sophia case they are pretty big battles. So, if you are looking for something that will leave you with a fuzzy warm feeling, you might want to checkout The Reluctant Countess.

Copy provide by Random House via NetGalley

Rating:
 1/2

Purchase Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment