background

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sweet Treason by Gail Ranstrom

All right, I finished Sweet Treason by Gail Ranstrom. I have enjoyed Gail Ranstrom's book in the past and I was excited to see she had a new book out. Here goes my thoughts on Sweet Treason.

Emily Nevins would be consider a bit stubborn, and believes that she can do everything for herself. I think a lot of it has to do with responsibility was thrust upon her and she didn't really know who she could turn to. Fear that her lecherous trustee would take control of her assets and force her to do his bidding. So, she had to cover up a lot of stuff to keep her sister and herself safe. However, she encounters an American Revolutionist spy by the name of Ryan Sutton. Emily ends up getting caught in the middle of Ryan spy work, which puts her in more danger.

All right, the story sounded really good. However, I struggle with a good portion of the story. It wasn't until I got to middle when things started to pick up and basically caused my heart to stop. One thing I was surprise on the villain. I honestly didn't see who real villain was until we got closer to the end. Both Emily and Ryan are fighting for what they believe in which almost cost them their love.

By the time I finished Sweet Treason it kind of reminded me of a game of chess. Which if you have played chess, you need to think strategical. The key players in the story were always trying to think one or two moves ahead. In a way you needed to keep track of the important characters and how they all related to one another. It's an all right story. Sweet Treason is a well thought out story with a lot of layers and is important to keep track of those layers. So, if you like a historical romance with a bit of intrigue, you might enjoy Sweet Treason.

Copy provided by publisher.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment