Top Ten Reasons You Will Want Sloane Harris as Your Best Friend:
10. She tell it like it is: “Knitting is no substitute for some quick, dirty sex.”
9. She an amazing cook: “What are you making?” “Truffle mac, garlic asparagus, and mango sticky rice for dessert.”
8. She likes good movies: Every time we did movies, we had to pick a theme, and tonight was Sandra Bullock night. We’d already made our way through Practical Magic, Miss Congeniality and Speed.
Next up was Hope Floats, and then if we could stay awake, The Blind Side. We liked to get a good variety of funny, romantic and tear-jerky.
7. She's modest: “You’re my favorite.” “I know.”
6. She knows how to have a good time: “So what are my chances of getting lucky on this date?” She put her elbow on the table and leaned in, lowering her voice and pretending to be seductive.
5. She's considerate: Sloane was so busy making ball gowns that she’d spent the last few nights at the studio so Lucah and I could have all the dirty screaming sex we wanted at my apartment. It was lovely.
4. She anticipates everyone's needs: When I finally got home after the longest day in the history of long days, Sloane was waiting right by the door with a glass in her hand. “Don’t say anything, just drink.”
3. She'll tell you what you need to hear: “Yeah, you do. Admit it. You wanna marry him and make little ginger babies and continue the ginger species. They’re dying out you know, which means you’re probably going to have to have at least ten. Come on. You can admit it to me. I won’t tell anyone, I swear. Scout’s honor.”
2. She knows that the best cure for a breakup is cake: “I’m making you breakup cake.” “But we weren’t dating.” “I know, but I think you need it.”
1. You need a ball gown? SHE DELIVERS: The top was a bodice with a sweetheart neck that made my boobs look lush, but not like they were busting out and then the skirt . . . oh, the skirt. The bodice dipped into a V and the skirt started just at my hips and flowed out, but not in a cupcake way. There was an underskirt and so forth to help it stay out, not that it needed any help. This was a Ball Gown.
Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M. Cameron
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18187339-sweet-surrendering
She’s his boss. He doesn’t care. This office isn’t big enough for the two of them…
When Rory Clarke ends up hiring the guy she spent one steamy night with to be her administrative assistant, she's determined to keep things professional.
Lucas Blaine has other plans for her. He wants Rory, and it’s hard to resist his stunning blue eyes, chin dimple and the way he fills out a suit. Everywhere she looks, there he is, giving her a panty-melting smile and pulling her away for the most amazing (and satisfying) sex she’s ever had in her life.
What starts off as one sexual encounter turns into multiple trysts in and out of the office and the lines she’d tried to draw so carefully are blurring. But the closer they get, the more Rory realizes that there are things about Lucas she doesn’t know, things he’s hiding from her. She’ll have to decide if she can surrender to her feelings or get out while she still can.
First off, Sloane is pretty awesome for a best friend. Second, Sweet Surrendering has a pretty sweet cover, which is one of the reasons I wanted to read this book. The other reason is the book blurb.
All right, I can truthfully say I haven't read too many inter-office romances. However, the few I have read, this is a little different from the others. One thing, you have Rory really concern about getting caught. That is a huge fear of hers. You know what, I would be the same way. Second, she has a lot to prove to the company. Rory has a lot going for her and against her. For one thing she's the boss's daughter which is that double edge sword, so she has a lot to prove in the company. So, when it's completely understandable for her to be a tad bit paranoid when it comes to her relationship with Lucas. The other thing that made the story interesting was Lucas's secret. However, you don't really find out his secret till towards the end. Yet, he's kind of this hot mysterious guy.
Overall, I did like the read. I thought it was interesting to have Rory being the boss instead of Lucas. Definitely puts a new spin on inter-office relationship, because we usually find the man being the boss and the woman the secretary. Do they have a hot relationship? Most definitely. So, if you like inter-office relationship romance, you might find yourself enjoying Sweet Surrendering.
Copy provided by InkSlingers PR
Chelsea M. Cameron is a YA/NA New York Times/USA Today Best Selling author from Maine. Lover of things random and ridiculous, Jane Austen/Charlotte and Emily Bronte Fangirl, red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, singing in the car and tweeting (this one time, she was tweeted by Neil Gaiman). She has a degree in journalism from the University of Maine, Orono that she promptly abandoned to write about the people in her own head. More often than not, these people turn out to be just as weird as she is.
Her New Adult Contemporary Romance titles include My Favorite Mistake, which has been bought by Harlequin along with a sequel, Deeper We Fall and Faster We Burn (April 20, 2013)
Her Young Adult books include Nocturnal, Nightmare and Neither, the first three books in The Noctalis Chronicles. The fourth and final book, Neverend will be out in 2013. Whisper, the first in The Whisper Trilogy is also available, with the second book in the series, Silence and the final book, LIsten coming out in 2014.
Grand prize winner: Will get to name a character in a future book, win a signed inspiration collage, and a red shoe charm bracelet. 4 runners up will receive a red shoe charm bracelet. Contest is international.
a Rafflecopter giveaway