background

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes by Gina Lamm

For the past few days I have been thinking on what I should write about Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes by Gina Lamm. I did like this book. So, let me share my thoughts on this book:

We first meet Leah Ramsey in The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl. She happens to be Jamie's best friend who eventually meets an earl and ends up with him. Yay! Jamie gets a happy-ever-after. When Mrs. Knightbridge pops up looking for the Earl and Jamie, Leah sees this her chance to find love. All right, so now you got the gist of Leah going back in time. Well, she ends up in a Duke's home. Nothing better than bagging a Duke, however, the valet catches her eye. At the beginning Leah believes her true love is the Duke, but as the story unfolds she starts to realize that she made an error. Now trying to convince Avery she's into him might be a challenge.

How many of you would handle going into the past and ending up being a maid? I personally don't like doing maid stuff, so that would suck for me. Now Leah thinking she would get lucky find herself in the lap luxury, not a chance. Nope she actually had to do maid stuff. So, I can understand why she struggle going in the past. However, she did try to make the best of the situation and Avery did try to help her.

Now some of you may view Leah has a stuck up and selfish person, but given her circumstance you could probably cut her some slack. I think we tend to forget that we take a lot of things for granted and I think learned the hard way. Yes, she did find some good friends to help her along away, but if you were to go into the past would you find someone so kind? Probably not, and most likely end up in the bedlam. Anyway, Avery is pretty awesome. I mean he could have called her out, but he kept her secret and helped her.

Here's the bottom line: Geek Girl Don't Date Dukes shouldn't be taken too seriously. Actually, it's meant to be light and entertaining. I was entertained, and I think that's the most that counts. Leah got a chance to live in the past and meet a pretty great guy. So, you want to take a trip into the past without the hassle of emptying out a chamber pot, you might want to give Geek Girls Don't Don't Dukes.

Copy provided by SourceBooks via NetGalley

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment