background

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trying to Score by Toni Aleo

First off, I'm not a huge fan of hockey, but I love this book. Seriously! All right, this is book two in The Assassin's Series and goodness, I fell in love with Trying to Score. Here's why:

Well, Fallon Parker is a mess. I can't honestly say she's a lovable mess, because that would be pushing it. However, she can cuss like a sailor, but is a great mom.

Lucas Brooks has been in love with Fallon since the first time he laid eyes on her, but he hurt her bad. Truly messed her up by sleeping with her best friend. So ended a beautiful relationship.

For one thing, if I had been Fallon I would have taken out my best friend, because a true friend wouldn't have done what her "so-called" best friend did. Seriously. Instead Fallon shut down and headed home.

The qualities I love in Fallon: 1) She didn't go after Lucas when she found out she was pregnant (let's be honest some women would have gone after Lucas' money. After all he is a professional hockey player) 2) She tries to be a good mom (no mom is perfect and if they seem like they are, it's a lie) 3) She knows her flaws (man and they are plenty. The top of her flaws is her trust issue) 4) She's willing to do anything for her sister and son.

The qualities of Lucas that I love (other than being hot): 1) Willing to forgive Fallon when she goes all psycho (believe me she does) 2) Steps up being a father 3) Willing to bend over backwards to win Fallon (I don't know, but that is huge). Truly an amazing guy to put up with the crap that he goes through in Trying to Score.

Overall, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Trying to Score. I would have stayed up all night to finish reading this book if my iPad power wasn't so low. I love how Ms. Aleo had Fallon and Lucas flashback through the good times and the bad. You got a real sense of their relationship and I think that really made the story. I truly believe it was well done. Since it is play-offs (I do have twitter friends who love hockey and keep me up to date on this stuff), you might feel like you need a hockey read and I would say grab your copy of Trying to Score. I think you might score with this read.

Copy provide by Random House via NetGalley

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment