background

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Audiobook: Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis

About week & half ago I started listening to Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis. I actually won this from a blog and I have to say I was super excited I won this late last year. Here is the reason why: Everyone kept telling me Jill Shalvis is an awesome author (well she is). By the time I was ready to listen to this book, it was too cold for me to go walking. So, it had to wait for spring. Which didn't really want to show up until May (lying groundhog bastard). Anyways. It finally warmed up and now you get my thoughts on the story.

Here's the book blurb:
Sunshine, Idaho, is a small and sunny town-the perfect home for man and beast. Well, maybe not for man, as pilot-for-hire Brady Miller discovers when his truck is rear-ended by what appears to be Noah's Ark.As the co-owner of the town's only kennel, Lilah Young has good reason to be distracted behind the wheel-there are puppies, a piglet, and a duck in her Jeep. But she doesn't find it hard to focus on the sexy, gorgeous stranger she's collided with.Lilah has lived in Sunshine all her life, and though Brady is just passing through, he has her abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire. It's Brady's nature to resist being tied down, but there's something about Lilah and her menagerie-both animal and human-that keeps him coming back for more.
First off, the story had me cracking up from the first line. I mean it was funny. There are some great lines in the book. However, since I was listening to the story and didn't have a hard copy to reference some of my favorite lines. Here's the one I remember: "I'm a ho for doughnuts." That was awesome.

Anyways. I love the hero and heroine. Talk about being polar opposite when came to the grand scheme of things. Brady isn't a man who can stick around. He kind gets a little antsy when sticks to a place for too long. It might have to do with how he was raise (a strong possibility). Then you have Lilah who tends to be like a burrow and never wants to get out. Most of the people in her life actually love that about her. However, they both have one thing in common, which is they are afraid of letting anyone get to close. Boy we can't have those kind of feels, heaven forbid we let someone close our hearts mentality.

I have to say it was a lot of fun to listen to story, especially when Lilah and Brady's relationship starts to blossom. Overall, a fun book to listen to and probably would be a fun book to read too. Love Lilah and her chaotic world and how it tears through Brady's world like a hurricane. So, if you looking for a fun book to listen or read, I would suggest Animal Magnetism. Who knows you might want a dog name Twinkles?

(Also on the side note: I really did like the narrator and I thinks she did a fantastic job with the story).

Rating:


Purchase Links:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo ~ Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment