background

Friday, May 24, 2013

eARC: The Magic of "I Do" by Tammy Falkner

I don't know how many of you know of my thoughts on faeries. Well, if you don't, I still think they are mischievous bunch and I don't think my opinion is going to change anytime soon. In the meantime, I have finished next installment of Tammy Falkner's Faerie books which happens to be The Magic of "I Do".

In this story we get know Claire Thorne a little better. When you first meet Claire in A Lady and Her Magic you actually get the impression that she's not really an impulsive type. Let me just say, that would be a misconception. Actually she is quite impulsive at times and usually at the wrong time. Hence, the reason she ends up with Lord Phineas Tremble (Finn). Finn is your typical second son. However, when he's with Claire it seems like magic between them.

Oh dear, mischief between these two abound in abundance. I mean second sons are always finding themselves in a bit of a jam here and there and faeries tend to have trouble follow them. So, Claire and Finn find themselves in precarious situations in the book. However, they seem to manage when they work together.

Overall, I found The Magic of "I Do" charming and enchanting like A Lady and Her Magic. I do adore Claire, but I'm not going to lie she's a bit standoffish in beginning. I think a lot of it has to do with her need to follow the Unpardonable Errors. However, she slowly melts away that icy exterior and I really start to like her. Finn, well, I have a soft spot for second sons, but he's actually not really that bad of a rake once you get to know him. He's actually kind of endearing. So, if you are looking for a little magic, I would suggest checking out The Magic of "I Do". Who knows you might find yourself in of a little magic.

Copy provided by Sourcebooks via NetGalley

Rating:


Purchase links:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo ~ Book Depository

3 comments:

  1. Haha, how often do you go around telling people your thoughts on fairies? I'm glad you ended up enjoying the story - it does seem pretty fun :).

    - Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Chris, I know you read my review on the first book. If anyone wants to know my opinion on fairies, I will tell them. I like the fairy books and can't wait for the next one.

      Delete