background

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Barefoot in the Sun by Roxanne St. Claire

Yesterday I started Barefoot in the Sun by Roxanne St. Claire. I was on a bit of a time crunch to finish this book. I know I talked about it, but I'm going to mention it again. Well, Harlequin Junkie does host the HEA Book Club. Everyone is welcome even if you haven't read the book. Well, that is tonight (now you can see the time crunch). Fortunately, I finished before the chat. So,  if you would like to join us this evening just click on the link http://wp.me/p2F7IH-2db around 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST.

Anyways, this is the third book in the Barefoot series. In this book, we focus on Zoe Tamarin and her relationship with Dr. Oliver Bradbury. Now these two have a past together. I'm not going to lie, in the previous books Ms. St. Claire kind of gave the impression that Zoe was the "other" woman. Which by reading the prologue, I learn wasn't the case. However, they did have a fast relationship and looking like it was meant to be. Yet, life had other plans for these two. Which I did get little choked up with the prologue and I really did thought the story was going to be rough.

Of course life has away of righting itself (which I love in romance, because you pretty much guarantee to get the happy ending. However, there are exceptions and I'm not a fan of the exceptions). Let's continue. First off Zoe is a bit impulsive and will run when she feels uncomfortable. She has the fight or flight response down pact, more likely the flight. She has a really has hard time staying in one place and grounded. Some people might have a hard time with her character, but I think Oliver makes up her. LOVE Oliver. He's a fantastic guy who is willing to try to keep Zoe grounded. I mean he puts up a fight to get her to admit she loves him, which isn't an easy task for either of them.

Of course, the story wouldn't be complete without a complication and I must say that Ms. St. Claire does a fabulous job. So, you end up more of a deeper level of the story. I love how she has so many dynamics to the story. With Barefoot in the Sun you have Oliver and his son, Oliver and Zoe, Zoe and Pasha, and we can't forget the friends. The friends have been a constance since book one, by the way I adore how their friendship and how they have been able to conquer anything. The bottom line is: if you are looking for a read with a lot of dynamics, I would suggest checking out Barefoot in the Sun.  Plus, you can read this as a stand alone, but I think you would appreciate it more if you read in order.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:
1/2



Purchase links:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo ~ Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment