background

Monday, May 27, 2013

eARC: Skin in the Game by Jackie Barbosa

Yesterday, I started Skin in the Game by Jackie Barbosa. My goal was to finish it last night, alas it wasn't in the cards. However, I finished the story today. I must say that it was one hot read. Come on anytime you add a football player to mix it's going to be hot (let's be honest any athlete).

Other than the hotness, this was a fantastic story. How often to do you find a female football coach at anytime. Practically never, but Ms. Barbosa had Angela Peterson being a football coach for her local high school team. Which is unheard of and especially in a small town like Harper Falls. Yet the girl knows how to call plays and happens to be the perfect person for the head coaching job. Yet there's a couple things standing in her way, one being Cade Reynolds.

When Cade and Angela get together man talk about some heat. Seriously, they are scorching hot, but that's not the only reason I like this story. I love how the heroine wasn't always a hot little thing, but she had a ugly duckling background. I love that she carries a piece of her past on her heart which really shapes who she is. Cade, I mean there isn't much to say other than he's a hot football player. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Honestly, I really liked the storyline. I think the author did a fantastic job with the story. I really can't wait to see what the next story will bring from this collection. So, if you are hankering for some football or player, I would suggest checking out Skin in the Game. Just don't forget to turn the fan on.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:


Purchase links:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, another one going on my list! :) I've only read one other book where the heroine was a football coach, and it was pretty good. It's an older release, Bright Hopes by Pat Warren, part of the Welcome to Tyler series (which I've enjoyed, though I have a few of the last books in the series to read yet). Anyway, it's nice to see an author try something new like that, instead of just the same old thing, book after book, character after character. :)

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete