background

Saturday, October 20, 2012

It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare

Another entertaining read from Lydia Dare. As you can see from the past few entries I have been on a Lydia Dare kick. Part of it has to deal with her new release in about a week, so I have been re-reading majority of her books. With that said, I bring you It Happened One Bite and what I thought of the book.

Fiona Macleod (Caitrin's mother) always thought that keeping the coven pure was the most important thing. However, she went a little too far with her pursuit, especially when she convince to the coven to trap James Maitland, the Baron of Kettering. She convinces them that the vampire will destroy Alpina Lindsay's daughter. Twenty years later, James awakes to a place he doesn't recognize and wondering how he got there.

Adrian Lindsay learns he had inherited Briarcraig Castle and decides to drag Blaire and Brannock to the Highlands. Once they step into the castle strange things start to happen.  As they work on getting the castle fit for company, Blaire stumbles upon where James is locked up. Surprisingly, James finds himself wanting Blaire more than just a meal.

The first in the Gentleman Vampire series or Regency Vampire series, depending where you find this book. Anyways, I really liked this book. I mean it was stupendous. Since I stumble upon Westfield Brothers series and found out there were more books by this author I had to continue on my journey. I love how all the stories tie together. So, it really is worth reading them all in order.

There's nothing like coming across a fireball throwing witch, and Blaire being the battle-born witch doesn't let you down. She is one fierce witch. Come on you have to be, if you are going to be hurling fireballs. Then you have James who is a  handsome vampire. You would let him get a nip of you if you met him. I love the dynamic between the two of them. Most men would be intimidated by Blaire, because she can fight better than most men. However, James finds her endearing. Plus, its amusing to watch to stubborn people battle each other with there wits.

So, I hope you guys get a chance to check out all of Lydia Dare's books, because they are really enjoyable. Especially, when they tie paranormal and regency together. I hope you are enjoy what your reading and I will talk to you later.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment