background

Friday, October 5, 2012

A Certain Wolfish Charm

Almost a year ago, I bought and read A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare. Let me just say I was on a werewolf kick and want to devour anything that was werewolf related. So, in my search I found Lydia Dare. I was amazed to find not only werewolves, but regency time period. If any of you know me at all you would know how much I LOVE the regency era. Well, here is what the story is about:

Lily Rutledge is the aunt of Oliver York, the Earl of Maberley and she has notice that he's no longer the sweet boy she remembers. However. she has the hardest time trying to get a hold of Oliver's guardian the Duke of Blackmoor. Somethings are important to discuss in person, especially when the person doesn't respond to your letters.

Simon Westfield, the Duke of Blackmoor, is too busy to answer a simple correspondences about his ward. Come on there is more important things to do like gambling, drinking and debauching. Lily is fed up with this behavior and goes in search of the blackguard Duke. However, she is going at the wrong time of the month.

There are somethings Simon would like to keep to himself. For instance, he changes into a wolf around the full moon. Plus, he has no desire to marry for this reason along. However, he is drawn to Lily and can't seem to keep his animal instincts to himself. Will Lily be able to capture the big bad wolf? Will Simon come to turns he needs Lily and share his life with her?

My thoughts: I got to re-read this book. For one thing, I loved it. I love how Simon tries to shove Lily out of his life, but she basically ignores his wishes. She is one strong cookie. Plus, I love that it's a werewolf story set in regency time. Two things I absolutely love brought together. So, if you love paranormals and regency you might want to check this out, because it's the best of both worlds.

So long and happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment