background

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

eARC: Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes

The last couple of days I have got the privilege to read Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes. I have to say that I enjoyed the story. So, here is the summary of the book:

Lady Louisa's Windham, she would probably be the more eccentric daughter of the Duke of Moreland. After all, she is well educated and you might view her as a bluestock.  Being a daughter to a duke does have its advantages, but can it protect her from scandal? Hmm.

Sir Joseph Carrington, a father and a war hero. Is in need of a wife to help him raise his two daughters, so he heads off to London to see what he can find in the little season. However, he is drawn to Lady Louisa, but feels he is unworthy of her. After all she is a daughter of a duke and he is basically a pig farmer.

Louisa is found in a compromising situation and needs a knight to rescue her. Who better to rescue a damsel in distress than Sir Joseph.

Each of them has secrets that they need to tell one another, but will they be able to divulge the secrets before others find out? Or will their dirty laundry be aired out for everyone to know, before they get a chance to tell each other?

My thoughts: I liked the book. A well written book. However, there was a lot of jumping around for me. I don't mind that, but I have to be in the right frame of mind. I did like Louisa, because she is not your typical heroine. I mean the girl can do some calculations, which is awesome. Plus, she's not afraid to be herself. I also like Joseph, because he is an honorable man. He was willing to do something extraordinary, especially when it would have been looked down by others.

Overall, the book made me feel good in the end. I think that's what counts the most when you are looking for a romance novel. So, if you are looking for a Christmas read that has a wonderful happy ending you might find it here.

So, good tidings and happy reading.


eARC provide by NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment