background

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Heating up the Holidays (Anthology) (Review)

Okay, I know it's been a while since I should have posted this review. Oh well, better late than never, right? Now all these stories can be purchase individually. Whoops.

First up is Play With Me by Lisa Renee Jones. I actually did a review for this one and was posted on Thanksgiving Blog Review Hop (from Heating Up the Holidays) back in November 2013. So, here are my original thoughts:

I really enjoyed Play With Me, and I thought it to be well thought out story. I enjoyed seeing the chemistry between Kali and Damion. They seriously heated up the pages. Not only did they have their interoffice romance, there was a lot of things going down. Even though it was a quick read I love the fact the story had more than the romance. My only gripe was I felt the ending a bit rushed, other than that the story was fantastic. So, if you are looking something that will heat up your holiday's, I know Play With Me will do that. 

The next story was Snowfall by Mary Ann Rivers. Okay this wasn't my favorite story. I felt the story drag, and I noticed that I myself stopping often. Snowfall was a well written story, but I just wasn't loving the story. 

Finally, After Midnight by Serena Bell. I liked this story, because it was an interesting New Year's Eve story. You have Miles who is down on his luck with a bad year with things not looking to up and Nora who has a pretty crappy year, but is willing to try to let it go. Plus, it seems like they miss their opportunity, but it seems fate has aligned sorted of. Yes, they have their issues that needed to be worked out before things can work.

Overall, I liked the anthology. I liked how it wasn't all about Christmas, but the holidays during Christmas time. We got a side of Thanksgiving and New Years. 

Copy provided by Random House via NetGalley (but I did purchase this book, because of Lisa Renee Jones). 

Rating:
3 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment