background

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Troublesome Threesome: The Notorious Flynns along with Jess Michaels


Hey Everyone! I’m so glad you all have join me today, because I have some special guest with me today. I would like you all to welcome Jess Michaels, and her rambunctious characters the Flynns (aka the Notorious Flynns), Rafe, Crispin, and Annabelle.


Welcome everyone.  I’m so glad you were able to join us this cold winters day.  Would any of you care for a drink before we get started?

Rafe: Right now I’m very partial to madeira.

Annabelle: Tea please.

Crispin: Anything straight up.

Normally, I would interview Rafe and Serafina, but I thought it would be fun for my readers to get to know you guys as a family. So, can you tell my readers a little about yourself and what makes you unique?

Rafe: I would say our entire family is unique-

Annabelle: Notorious.

Crispin: What’s wrong with notorious?

Annabelle: *sighing* You wouldn’t know. You two with your no consequences.

How did you all acquire the reputation for being the Notorious Flynns?

Annabelle: Ask them about the horse race in the park that nearly killed our future king. Or the affairs with the women. Or the gambling. Or the switching the seating cards on the tables at a gathering so that everyone who hated each other sat next to each other. Or the list goes on and on….

Crispin: I’d forgotten about the seating cards. Whose gathering was that at?

Rafe: The Duke of Warington, I believe. The poor duchess fainted dead away when the shouting started.

Annabelle: And I’ve never been invited back since.

Crispin: Who wants to go to a duchess’s parties anyway? Boring fetes. Trust me, sister, you’ll be happier in a gaming hall.

Annabelle: Ladies don’t go to gaming halls.

Will you guys share one of the most scandalous things you have ever done? Don’t worry about any judgments.

Crispin: I would say that Raphael’s current situation is our great scandal.

Rafe: *frowning* Crispin…

Annabelle: Please, you too.

Crispin: Well, it is a scandal. Why shouldn’t we list it.

Okay, how did you guys feel when Rafe inherit the Dukedom and a bride?

Rafe: It is a situation we are managing. Serafina is beautiful and… unexpected.

Crispin: As lovely as she is, why should my brother be forced into a life that isn’t his? Why should he have to lose everything?

Annabelle: I feel for Rafe and his untenable situation, but I know he can work it out. I see it in his eyes.

All right, since your brother has inherited the Dukedom how has this change your lives Crispin and Annabelle? Are you guys going to change any of your habits?

Crispin: More drinking. I have to play for two now, it seems.

Annabelle: Oh, Crispin. I hope that once everything settles that perhaps I could find a way to enter this higher Society with Serafina’s help.

How did you guys feel towards Serafina or your first impression of her?

Rafe: She is truly the most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen. The rumors about her are entirely true.

Annabelle: I think she was asking Crispin and I, Raphael. Serafina is wonderful. So very smart and beautiful and strong. I admire her greatly and cannot wait to know her better.

Crispin: I can say nothing negative about her. She is as much a victim as my brother.

Finally question for the three of you before I turn my attentions to Jess. What can we expect in the next chapters in all your lives?

Annabelle: A Season at the highest level. I will land a titled gentleman and find a settled life.

Crispin: Did I mention more drinking?

All right Jess, where did the Notorious Flynns come from?

I really loved the idea of a man who inherits a bride who is not at all intrigued by him. I wanted him to be sort of the golden boy, the one who’s always gotten away with everything, as beautiful as the heroine. So I gave him this notorious backstory of this sort of frivolous and ultra-crazy fun life that is now about to be brought to a screeching halt. And once I had Rafe, Crispin and Annabelle fell easily into place.

I’m kind of curious about the Dowager Hartholm, did she have the pox, because she’s a bit crazy in the story?

Without getting into too much detail to not ruin the story, yes. She obviously has some mental health issues, as well as just being a truly awful person. She was fun to write.

Final question what can we expect from Crispin and Annabelle story or is that hush, hush since they are here?

Annabelle’s story will be out March 10. The Scoundrel’s Lover. She’s going to be doing some very naughty things with a very good reason, all while trying desperately to find a respectable life.

Crispin will be seen in The Widow Wager in the spring (May or early June) and will actually face a situation a little like Rafe’s. Only he lost a bet and won a wife. Now he’s going to have to come to terms with all the running he’s been doing.

I would like to thank you all for coming and being my special guest. Is there any final words you would like to leave before you departure? 


I hope you will all enjoy The Other Duke! I loved writing Rafe and Serafina’s sexy, emotional story and I just hope readers will love it as much! :)


The Other Duke
The Notorious Flynns, Book 1
Jess Michaels
January 14, 2015

For years Serafina McPhee has been engaged to marry the heir to the Duke of Hartholm and for almost as long, she has been struggling to find a way out of that engagement. When he suddenly dies, she does not mourn but thrills at the idea that she will be free. Unfortunately, best laid plans go awry when the next in line for the title, her intended’s cousin, Raphael “Rafe” Flynn is forced to take over the engagement. But Serafina knows Rafe’s reputation as a libertine and wants nothing to do with him, either, even if he is devastatingly handsome. 



She proposes an arrangement: she will agree to the marriage and provide Rafe with his heir and spare. Once she has done her duty, he will let her go. Rafe is intrigued both by her beauty and by her utter disgust with the idea of being his bride. Women normally fall at his feet, not cringe away from him. However, since their arranged marriage is not something he can escape, he agrees to her terms.


But when he finds out on their wedding night the truth about her torture at the hands of his predecessor, he finds himself driven not just to fulfill his bargain with his new bride, but to introduce her to desire. While they move closer together, surrendering to wicked pleasures, dangerous emotions may violate every agreement they’ve made.

Purchase Links: 
Amazon | Barnes & Noble 

Coming Soon:






Jess Michaels
A MATTER OF SIN (Ladies Book of Pleasures 1)
A MOMENT OF PASSION (Ladies Book of Pleasures 2) October 14
A MEASURE OF DECEIT (Ladies Book of Pleasures 3) December 9
Join my newsletter! Monthly drawing for a Kindle or $75 Gift Certificate!!

1 comment: