background

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard by Vanessa Kelly

I started Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard in January and to tell the truth I had a hard time getting into the story. So, I decided to put the story on hold. Well, I kind of dragged the hold out long enough and decided I needed to finished the story. The main reason was book 2 of the The Renegade Royals comes out next month. Anyway, let me dive into my thoughts.

A quick little sum up the story. Lady Vivien Shaw gets kidnapped and Captain Aden St. George is sent to save her. Once he rescues her his mission isn't done, now he needs to keep a close eye on her so it doesn't happen again.

Overall, it sounds exciting. A daring rescue is always a great way to start the book. However, once the rescue is over I kind of lost interested. Prince Ivan Khovansky wants to marry to Vivien, but Vivien has shut him down a couple of times. However, he's persistent and willing to stop at nothing to get what he wants. Here's my issue with him as a bad guy, he doesn't really make a splash until we get closer to the end and even that he kind of fell flat. I mean I think I would liked him a little more ruthless and slimy. Vivien's family was another issue. Her brother could have taken control of the situation before it got out of hand instead of selling Vivien to the highest bidder (Khovansky), he just inflated the problem. Vivien basically enable her mother and her younger brother. Sometimes you need to tell your family this isn't helping or lock them up for their own safety. Aden's a good guy. He wants to rescue Vivien, but Vivien makes that a challenge for him.

Honestly, the characters didn't really appealed to me and I struggle to read the book up until the last 100 pages. That's when Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard picked up the speed and everything started to go. So, Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard didn't work for me and I'm hoping the next book with be great. After all, I did enjoy the novella to this series. Here's hoping.

Copy provided by author

Rating:
1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment