background

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Man Candy by Jessica Lemmon (Review)

First and foremost, I love the cover of Man Candy. I think it has to do with the candy in the background, and the guy isn't bad looking. So yeah, I read this book, because of the cover. I enjoyed the parts that focus on Dax Vaughn. He was totally yummy, and sweet. Oh my gosh talk about a guy who could go with the flow. Seriously, he puts up with a lot of crap from Becca. Now Becca Stone is probably not my top pick in the heroine department. Let me tell you, she drove me crazy. She's pretty flighty and kind of does her own thing. She's not super reliable. However, Dax falls for this girl. Her kind of lifestyle fits what Dax wants at this time. Yet, the more time they spend together, the more he wants to be in Becca's life.

Things I liked about this book. I liked that these two were kind of stranded. Yeah, Becca could have stayed at the restaurant will, but she took a chance to see if Dax would let her stay. They made good use of the time. I love Dax. Even with his own issues about relationships, he was willing to make it work with Becca. I really like that he let Becca dictate how the relationship went, and I liked that it drove Becca crazy. Seriously, she needed a taste of her own crazy.

Becca is one of the main reason I struggle with this book. There were times I wanted to strangle her. Moments where I was like Dax it's okay to find another girl, she don't want you.

In all and all, Man Candy wasn't a bad read. I wasn't a fan of being in Becca's head, but I did love being in Dax. Dax made the book worth reading. I did like the fact that Becca did come to her senses. I think what drove me crazy was Becca would say things along the lines "you probably think this stupid of m." Which I would think, YEAH. Most of the time, I was kind of humming theme to The Facts of Life. Overall, not a bad book, but not a great book.

Copy provided by LoveSwept via NetGalley

Rating:
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment