background

Friday, May 22, 2015

On The Naughty List (Anthology) (Review)

Yes, we are slowly tackling things in my TBR. Yes, this is a Christmas story. Do I care that I'm five months too late? Nope. Anyway, here we go on my thoughts:

Christmas Bonus
Lori Foster

I liked this story. I thought it was cute, because we have Maggie and Eric both crushing on one another. However, it's a delicate situation. Maggie is the boss of Eric. Plus, Eric is about 10 years older than Maggie.

Christmas Bonus is a super quick read with misunderstanding and some hot moments. Honestly, the story made me smile, chuckle, blush, and made me feel ooey-goey. Nice start to the anthology.

Naughty Under the Mistletoe
Carly Phillips

All right, I liked Naughty Under the Mistletoe, but I think I would have loved the story to be a little longer. Carly could have done a longer version of mistaken brothers, but we have a quick little read. Basically, Toni has a crush on Stephan and plans to make a move on him since she was going to a different office. Yet she ends up with Max. Totally could have been longer. Hot quick read at a office Christmas party.

Some Kind of Wonderful 
Beth Ciotta

All right Some Kind of Wonderful was kind of like A Christmas Story kind of story. However, Zach wasn't exactly like Scrooge, but he was an emotional Scrooge. He was afraid to move on, because he didn't feel like he deserved it. At the same time it was like Cyrano de Bergerac, where we have Maya writing emails to Zach under the guise of Giselle, because she doesn't know what to say to the guy. A lot of elements to this quick little read. However, they manage to work together. By the end of the story I was happy, and story seem just about right.

Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas
Sugar Jamison

Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas hands down my favorite in this anthology. To me this story felt like a complete story that was absolutely perfect. We have Dina who wants to give everything for her son, but realize she needs help from the father. So, she let down her pride to find him only to find out he is no longer with us. We have Ben the brother step up to plate. It's neat to watch the transformation that occurs with Ben. At the beginning of the story he's closed off emotionally and couldn't stand Dina. However, he gets to know her and finds she's appealing to him. I was laughing and crying throughout the story. Mainly, Dina always felt she was second when to came to being loved.

Overall, majority of the stories are great read. So, if you are in the mood for reading a Christmas read at this time of year. You might enjoy On the Naughty List.

Copy provided by St. Martin via NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment