background

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean

Confession time: I probably could have write this review without re-reading this book. However, I did, because one of my friends who happens to be an Avon Addict was reading Sarah MacLean's soon to be newest book. I told her that I loved Callie and Ralston's story and I believe to be the best story out of the Love by a Number series. Needless to say she had to add this to her TBR. After talking about my love for Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, I just had to go back and re-read the story.

The most important things to remember are:

1. Kiss someone -- passionately
2. Smoke cheroot and drink scotch
3. Ride astride
4. Fence
5. Attend a duel
6. Fire a pistol
7. Gamble (at a gentleman's club)
8. Dance every dance at a ball
9. Be considered beautiful. Just once.

All these things are important when you are trying to romance a rake and may help. After all it worked for Lady Calpurnia Hartwell when she was trying to find herself and ended up capturing the heart of a notorious rake; Gabriel St. John, Marquess of Ralston.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE THIS BOOK! I have read this story at least three times and I still love it. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake is a wonderful beginning to a series. I mean you see all the key people who will make up the series and you wonder how this is all going to workout.

First off, Ralston does have a noble heart. I mean, when you take in a half-sibling into your home that you could so easily said you want nothing to do with. Especially, when she acts like a hoyden. Then he tries so hard to be decent when it's not in his nature. Then you have Callie who is finding herself after 10 years of hiding. She just blossoms in front of Ralston and its just utterly amazing. So, if you are looking for something to read you might want to check out Sarah MacLean's books, because I think they are fabulously fun to read. I leave you today with these rules and maybe y'all find your own rake to romance.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment