background

Thursday, August 2, 2012

In Search of the Perfect Cupcake

My Best Friend & I at Crush Cakes
 As you can tell I have cupcakes on my mind, I know totally productive. When I lived in California it was pretty easy to find a cupcake shop. However, coming to Montana I haven't found what I have been looking for. I mean is really that hard to find a stellar cupcake. The places I have tried have been all right, nothing to go "OMG, they have the best cupcakes."

So, I continue the search for the perfect cupcake and I'm always looking for suggestions for places to try. I don't care if they are out of state. You never know, I might be in that area one day.

Here are so of the cupcakes I have tried in California:

I don't have pictures of the first cupcake places my best friend and I visited, but I can tell you what they  were. We first drove to Pasadena and we found this place called Dots. Ok, we didn't just find it. I found it when I participated in the Pasadena 5k, but my husband wasn't taking the subtle hint that I wanted a cupcake from there. So, I decided to drag my friend with me there to get a cupcake. I know crazy, but it was a lot of fun. The cupcake I really there was a coconut lime cupcake. TASTY.

After that we took the Santa Monica Blvd, exited and travel down Santa Monica Blvd. We should have followed the GPS. Oh well, we were on an adventured to get to Sprinkles. Which took us awhile, after all it is in the LA area. Let me just say the cupcake was moist.

mint chocolate
Lemon cupcake with Raspberry
After are cupcake adventure I decided I want to try my hand at making cupcakes. My first one was a coconut cupcake. It was perfect and of course I didn't think to take a picture of it. So sad. My next attempt was a mint chocolate. Let just say I'm not that great at making a chocolate cake. I tried, right. My next attempt was a lemon cupcake with a raspberry cream cheese frosting. Now that was tasty.

Cupcakes & Beyond
My next cupcake adventure was in Poway (San Diego area) near the Target. The place is called Cupcakes & Beyond. As you the selection on the right. The cupcake in the top left corner is a Salted Carmel and that was the best one there.




Margarita Cupcake
 My last adventure with my best friend we went to Crush Cakes in Santa Barbara. Fabulous cupcakes! If you go there on a Friday get a Margarita cupcake, you won't go wrong with that one.

As you can see I have had a lot of fun finding these places. At the beginning I said I'm always looking for new places. So, let me know where I can find some good cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment