background

Sunday, April 17, 2016

This Love of Mine by Miranda Liaison (Review)

I was fortunate to receive an opportunity to read the second book in Mirror Lake Novels, which is This Love of Mine. I did enjoyed the story. Both the characters are likable, but I'm a fan of the whole fake relationship thing. It's always fun to see how it will all play out in the end. So, we have Meg Halloran who has been in love with Ben Rushford FOREVER. However, he has permanently friend-zoned her, because he feels guilty about the death of her brother. Guilt sucks monkey balls. Basically, Meg has decided that she's moving on from Ben, because there are other guys to give a try. Yet, Ben sucks her into a fake relationship so he can get a job in area. She's not sure about the situation, but she's willing to play along.

Meg is sweet and carrying. She did stuff outside of her comfort zone in order to help Ben. Now Ben he's kind of selfish and he doesn't truly see it. He does have feelings for Meg, since the accident with her brother he feels he's unworthy to be with Meg. I love what Meg does for him to help alleviate the guilt he carries. Like most fake relationship, it somehow manages to move towards real. I like what Ben did towards the end to win Meg back. Super sweet.

Overall, This Love of Mine is a sweet story about two friends who manage to find love in a fake relationship. It's pretty light and fun, and nothing overly dramatic. I'm anxious to find out what happens to Sam, and I hope others get a story too. I would love to see if Cole get a story. However, I have no control of that just a wish. Anyway, I liked the story.

Copy provided.

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment