background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

eARC: An Heiress at Heart by Jennifer Delamere

Last night I spent most of the night finishing An Heiress at Heart by Jennifer Delamere. I must say that it was a wonderful read. So, let share what it's about and why I liked it.

The story starts off with Lizzie Poole and her brother in Australia, where they meet Edward and Ria Smythe (whose actual last name was Somerville). When Lizzie and Ria come face to face for the first time there is an uncanny resemblance to one another that could make them possibly sisters.

Hard times hits them and on Ria's deathbed she asks to Lizzie to become her and go to the family. What are you going to do? After all, Lizzie lost her brother to the sea, Ria's husband is dead and Ria is dying, might as well assume Ria's position. What could go wrong?

So, Lizzie makes it back to England and everything is going swell. Ria's family accepts her as Ria. However, there is always a snag in road. For one thing, she's falling for her "Brother-in-Law," which was a big no-no back then. If it couldn't get any worse, she has a blast from her past, who was supposedly to be dead. Sounds like trouble ahead for Lizzie, hopefully it works out for her.

Overall, I found this story delightful. I mean I usually steer clear of inspirational romance novels for a couple of reasons: 1) they tend to be to preachy and 2) they struggle with there inner conflict, no real villain. However, I didn't find that at all with this story. It wasn't overly preachy. I just chalked up to the hero being a former vicar who came into a title, so he would still has his tendency to be like a vicar. I love that there was real villain in the story. Yes, there was that inner struggle thing, but there was a real bad guy. Which gave the story more depth. I was truly amazed. I loved that it wasn't overly sappy and I'm looking forward to reading more books from Jennifer Delamere.

So, I leave you today and I hope you have a wonderful day. Enjoy the books your reading.

eARC provided by NetGalley

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment