background

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Audiobook Review: You May Now Kill the Bride by RL Stine

I have been in a reading slump, and actually still kind of am. So, I decided to checkout something I would have read as middle schooler. Yes, I was a huge fan of RL Stine. I absolutely loved the Fear Street series, which was amazing. I was sad when he kind of stop writing those stories, and focus on Goosebumps. I couldn't get into them, because they weren't scary as the Fear Street. RL Stine has return to Fear Street. I happen to stumble upon this audio version of You May Now Kill the Bride, a Return to Fear Street book. 

I'm not going to lie, the nostalgia hit hard. It made remember why I love this series. Granted it's not as good as the previous Fear Street books, but still worth the time. 

So, the story is broken into parts. We have the past and how the curse was established. Then we move to the present time. Then we head back to the past to fix the past. The first past and present have a similar situation that happens. One of the protagonists needs to fix the situation before the past repeats itself. There were a few times I need to take a moment to group myself. However, I was able to finish the story. 

Overall, I enjoyed You May Now Kill the Bride. Yes, I was loving the nostalgic feel of living my teens again. I love that it gave me a little scare and a nice ending. I wouldn't really say a happy ending, but a satisfy ending. Yes, the issue does get fix and it was pretty cool to watch play out in my mind. I also love the cover of the story. Pretty and sinister. Not as good as the past books, but I think it's a good start for creating a new generation to fall in love with Fear Street. 

Copy provided by Local Library.

Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment