background

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Audiobook Review: Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

A few months ago I finally watched the movie Crazy Rich Asians which I absolutely love. Seriously, the movie was so much fun that I wanted to give the book that it was based a try. Normally, I would say that the book would be better than the movie, but I didn't feel this way. I actually felt overwhelmed by the book. I might do a comparative with the movie and the book. However, I haven't completely decided. I'm glad I did an audio version, because this wouldn't have been too much to handle as a reading.

Where do I go with my thoughts. There is a lot that is happening in the story, that a person can feel overwhelm with the story. You also have about five parts to the story, which you are trying to keep track of all that is going on. We have Nick and Rachel relationship and how it's being question. We have his mother and her personal feelings toward this Rachel. We have Goh Peik Lin who happens to be Rachel's friend. So many characters to keep track, that I felt overwhelm. I get that this was supposed to be light and fun, but with all the family members it's hard to keep track of these things. 

Now if you wanted to read this book, because you saw the movie and absolutely loved it, I would stop you right there. It's different from the movie. I mean they kept a good portion of the elements from the book to film, but it's different. If you get overwhelmed by so many characters, you might want to find another read. 

Copy provided by local library.

Rating: 2 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment