background

Monday, September 28, 2020

My One True Highlander by Suzanne Enoch (Review)

I got a chance to check out My One True Highlander by Suzanne Enoch earlier this month. I do not recommend reading No Ordinary Hero backwards. I would recommend you go in order. Somethings would make more sense if you read them in the proper order. Just a suggestion. 

In this story, we meet Marjorie Forrester who happens to be the sister of the Duke of Lattimer. When she gets the letter from her brother saying he's going to marry, but she shouldn't come up there. After all, winters are pretty harsh. Everything starts to fall apart when she heads up north. 

We also meet Graeme Maxton, who is a Viscount and a chieftain. He's trying to stay a float when the Duke of Dunncraigh makes an offer, but in return he must kill the Duke of Lattimer. However, Graeme doesn't like the offer, and doesn't trust the Dunncraigh. His brothers happen over heard things and decided to take things their hands, and they kidnap Marjorie. 

This story has some lulling points, but it was a good read. The nightlight of the story was Connell, Graeme's little brother. He's so adorable and has a soft heart. He kind of stole to story, which is fine. Marjorie is kept captive until they figure out what to do. Of course they fall in love, but I think that was a giving. Overall, not a bad read.I guess I need to read the first book, since I have read these totally backwards. 

Copy provided by St, Martins via NetGalley

Rating:
3 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment