background

Saturday, October 3, 2020

The Other Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

I finally finished The Other Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. Now I need to slap myself, because when I originally started reading this I was almost done. Seriously! Almost done🤦. Shame on me. Anyway, time to focus on my thoughts about this story. 

We get to know Poppy Bridgerton. Oh she can be a troublesome young girl with her curiosity. She stumble upon a something she shouldn't have encounter, which led her to be kidnapped. Which beginnings our story. Andrew James Rokesby is known as a privateer in society. However, he's secretly working for the crown. Now he's stuck with Poppy, because she stumble upon a secret that could effect national security. Okay, the main thing that jumps out at me is Stockholm Syndrome. However, she doesn't completely sympathize with Captain James peril. She doesn't know the whole truth of the situation. Poppy does fall in love with Captain James, and vice versa. Andrew's conscious does eat at him with the issue of Poppy. 

The Other Miss Bridgerton was a pretty good read. I had fun with Poppy and Andrew as they journey to Portugal. Andrew saw that Poppy was a special young lady that wouldn't really fit into society, but would fit for him. It was worth the time. 

Copy provided by Avon via Edelweiss 

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment