background

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

A Devil in Scotland by Suzanne Enoch (Review)

I finally got a chance to checkout A Devil in Scotland by Suzanne Enoch, and I have to say that I love Callum MacCreath. He's so swoon-worthy. At the beginning he had a wild streak that cost him the loss of the girl he loved. He was a little too slow to the gun and lost her to his brother. Callum was also good at causing trouble, which got him banished from his home. This helped him grow and mature. He also never planned to return to Scotland, but life has other thoughts. Now we have Rebecca the girl that broke his heart. However, she's in the dark on what is afoot. She believes that Duke of Dunncraigh is honorable, but deep down she's not sure about it.

I really enjoyed this story, but I'm going to advise that you read these stories in order and not go the route I did which is going backwards. I mean the Duke of Dunncraigh is a pretty shady guy and you will see this in previous stories. I did enjoy that Callum and Rebecca eventually work together. However, Callum has some serious disbelief that Rebecca was on the up and up, and was in the same league as Dunncraigh. Rebecca's daughter is ADORABLE in this story. She kind of makes the story. I would reread this story because of the daughter. Feisty would best describe her. Overall, a really good read.

Copy provided by St. Martin via NetGalley

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment