background

Monday, August 10, 2020

Audiobook Review: How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) by Kerrelyn Sparks

Let me start by saying it's probably a good thing that I listened to How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying), because I would probably would have stopped. I was so close to the end of the series. The story had a lot of potential with Zoltan Czakvar. Zoltan could talk to animals, and he was funny about it in previous story. There is still some humor, but we didn't see that as much. Then he stumbles upon a secret association of women, which they are trying to protect the dragons. He meets Neona, she's daughter of the queen of their group.

I struggled with this story, and I was listening to it too. There were points I had to stop go, "Okay, I'm done for today." I would get frustrated with Neona basically saying there are to be no men in Beyul-La. I felt that book was there to give Zoltan a love interest, and it kind of moved the plot forward. However, I probably could have skipped this one. There are some things that helped with some situations in the story, but I would have survived without them. Now its time to get to the end of the series.

Copy provided by local library

Rating:
2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment