background

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Audiobook Review: The Earl Takes a Fancy by Lorraine Heath

For the past few weeks I have decided to focus on the Sins for All Seasons series, and I have arrived at The Earl Takes A Fancy. The story focuses on Fancy Trewlove. She's about to take her season and marry a fancy man. However, Fancy also wants to find a true love like her siblings. Now Matthew Sommersby, the Earl of Rosemont, is taken aback when he found out that his deceased wife sent out a letter that sent into hiding.

The Earl Takes a Fancy was a wonderful listen. Her family has wants the best for Fancy, because she's their favorite sister. She's intrigued with the Earl of Rosemont after reading the article, but he has gone into hiding. Matthew Sommersby is interested in Fancy, but he doesn't want to be trapped in another loveless marriage. When he meets Fancy he pretends to be ordinary man. They become friends, and eventually evolves into more. However, Fancy is stuck with a notion that she must marry a title man, yet her heart yearns for Matthew.

We watch Fancy have her season, and struggle. Deep down I know she gets her happy ending, but towards the end I had a little panic attack. There were times I had to stop towards the end, and my husband looked at me oddly. It's okay, I'm use to it. Anyway, there were a a couple of moments that I was a little stress, but Lorraine does that to me. Overall, it was a pretty good story. I'm ready for Beast's story. Thank you for taking time to hear me ramble.

Copy provided by local library

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment