background

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Audiobook Review: Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

The last couple of books were rough. I wasn't sure I wanted to finished the series. I'm glad I did, because this one was worth it. We finally got Russell Hankleburg's story. He did go a little AWOL in the series. However, he's out to find Han. Yet, he's not the only one out for Han, Jia wants Han too. Jia is a were-tiger princess, who watched her family murder by Han.

I actually enjoyed Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire. I wasn't sure after the last couple of books, but this story made up for the last couple. Over the course of the series the tone of the series did change, but I did like the tidiness of this story. Kerrelyn was able to close up the loose ends of the story, and we were able to find out who's Han. Towards the middle I made a guess who Han was, and I waited and see who he was. By the way I was right. We watch a relationship blossom between Russell and Jia. We also see everyone get back together, I guess this was a good way to say goodbye to the gain. Overall, it was a pretty good listen. Even though there were some stories that weren't stellar they still helped move the story along, and I didn't feel like this a waste of time.

Copy provided by local library

Rating:
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment