background

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Breathe by Carly Phillips (Review)

I really liked Breathe, and I wasn't sure if I was going to like Phoebe Ward. She just seemed a little high strung in the first book, but she has a lot on her plate. However, I really liked her. She's a single mother, and had her child at 16. I honestly didn't see this book as a secret pregnancy/child story, partly because she wanted to find the father. She didn't find him until years later. Yes, Jake Nichols was surprised to find he had a child, but he took on father like champ. Then again he already had a child.

Overall, I really liked Breathe. I thought more as a second chance kind of love story. Jake and Phoebe's second chance is a fairly fast read, and something special. However, it does have complication of an ex-wife. The story could have been a little longer, and Carly could have made the ex a little more scary. She did have some crazy tendency. It was a pretty good read.

Copy provided by author via RockStar PR

No comments:

Post a Comment