background

Monday, August 28, 2017

Compromised In Paradise by Samanthe Beck (Review)

Okay, I finished Compromised In Paradise by Samanthe Beck. Let me say I was super excited to read Samanthe's latest book. Seriously, I love her books they tend to be fun and steamy. However, I felt Compromised In Paradise was lacking something. I couldn't put my finger on what I was missing. They are both great characters and I thought it was because they hid their identities from each other. Nope that wasn't it. It wasn't the steamy parts, because those were nice and steamy. Yes, cold shower worthy. It wasn't until I got to the end that I realize what the story was lacking from all of Samanthe's previous books; it was the light fun banter. The quick funny remarks. I didn't realize I was missing that until the end when they showed up. I guess it would be hard to get those in when both characters are pretending to be someone else for the week.

I know I'm in the minority with saying that Compromised In Paradise was an all right read. I wanted to love this story, but I couldn't fall in love with the story. I like Nick as a pretty decent. I mean he was willing to play along with Arden's idea keeping their identities to themselves. Arden was dealing with a lot stress and Nick was the perfect person to help her unwind. Overall, Compromised In Paradise was an all right read. Yes, there are going to be a lot who will love this story. This one was an okay read for me. I'm still excited for Samanthe's next book, because she's an amazing writer when it comes to steam.

Copy provided by Entangled via NetGalley

Rating:
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment