background

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Lusting for Covers (147): Mad About the Marquess by Elizabeth Essex


Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.

This meme is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.



This Weeks Selection:

Mad About the Marquess by Elizabeth Essex
Publisher: Self-Pub (April 2016)
Series: Highland Brides, 2
Genre: Historical

Blurb:

From acclaimed author Elizabeth Essex comes the adventurous first book in the Highland Brides, a quartet of bold, brilliant lasses determined to make their own happily ever afters. 

WHEN A LADY TAKES TO THE ROAD TO PLAY ROBIN HOOD 

Lady Quince Winthrop has been robbing from society’s rich and giving to Edinburgh’s poor for years. But everything changes the day she can’t resist the temptation to steal from the Marquess of Cairn. 

SHE MUST BE ON HER GUARD AGAINST HER SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM 

Alasdair, Marquess of Cairn, has come back to Scotland to stop a thief, never thinking that the lass he’s trying to woo is about to give a lesson in larceny he won’t be able to forget. From the twisted streets of Auld Reeky, to the hills of the highlands, Quince leads Alasdair on a merry chase, and finds the one man she shouldn’t fall for, is the one man she can’t resist. 

LOVE IS EVEN HARDER TO RESIST THAN TEMPTATION.


Purchase Links:


Why?

I love this cover. I love the color combinations. Totally love it. When I first saw this cover back in when the cover was reveal, I wanted to use it for a Lusting for Covers. However, there was no blurb. I truly try to wait until there is a blurb for a cover. Time has passed, and I still haven't used this cover. Now how I decided to use this cover. 

Last weekend I went to Buns and Roses, and I had the opportunity to meet Elizabeth Essex. Super amazing woman. Anyway, we started talking about covers and I told her how much I love her Mad About the Marquess cover. She was ecstatic to hear. This is where I learned how much work she put into this cover. She actually made the dress for the cover and helped on the photo shoot. Seriously, how often do you hear that. Anyway, such a dynamic cover that I love, and you have to love too. Okay, you don't have to love it, but you should. What do you guys think of the cover? 

I also have a giveaway going on my Buns & Roses post.

No comments:

Post a Comment