background

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Million Dollar Christmas Proposal by Lucy Monroe


Yesterday, I really wanted to tackle a Harlequin book, I figure why not read a Christmas one while I'm at it. So, I had Million Dollar Christmas Proposal by Lucy Monroe waiting for me.

What drew me to the book was actually the title of Million Dollar Christmas Proposal. The two words that really stood out for me were million and Christmas. I tend to love heroes that happen to be wealthy and I have always love Christmas. All that just screamed why not.

First off, I really loved this story. I think a lot has to do with Audrey Miller, who basically would do anything for her little brother, even become a mother to Vincenzo Tomasi (Enzo) niece and nephew.

Basically, Audrey and her brother were cut off from their parents about six years prior, because they didn't like what their 12 year old son told them. Which is very unfortunate. Anyway, Audrey sacrifice her dreams to take care of her brother. As her brother approaches graduation, she's wondering how she will be able to support him as he goes to college. Fortunately an opportunity lands into her palms and she decides to seize the moment.

Overall, I loved the story, because of Audrey wiliness to take matters into her own hands. I love how she challenges Enzo on his process of going about to finding a mother for his niece and nephew. Is this likely to happen? No. The situation in the story is unlikely to happen, but it's a good read. I liked the story mainly, because you have a stubborn tycoon who goes through life thinking everything has to acted upon like a business acquisition and you have a young woman who wants to make a difference in her brothers life. I found that Million Dollar Christmas Proposal had me wanting to finished the book that day. However, I did wanted them to have a little more of a rift that would make them coming to get all that sweeter. Other than that, I really did enjoyed the story. So, if you are looking for a Christmas read that's not going to gut you, then checkout Million Dollar Christmas Proposal.

Copy provided by Harlequin via NetGalley

Rating:
1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment