background

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ashes and Wine by Taryn Elliot

This weekend I finished Ashes and Wine by Taryn Elliot. I have to be honest I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this book. Here's a quick overview of what the book is about:

Tessa Winter is an owner of a bookstore called As You Wish. Which was having financial difficulties until Royal Andreas came in once a month to bring various wines from his families vineyard for tasting.

Then Tessa and Royal have one incredible night together. There is a strong attraction, but Royal is emotional unavailable to give more than a night. Hurt by his actions leads Tessa to go to her friend Mercy's house for emotional support. While there truths come out over a bottle of tequila.

Here is what I thought of the book: It was good. A little emotionally rough times, but well written. The story intrigue me enough to read on. At times I felt bad for Royal and what he was dealing with at home. Tessa is definitely strong heroine, and was willing to fight to win Royal over. I really like how supportive her friend Mercy was even if it was over a bottle of tequila.

I really do hope to see more of Royal's family and a story with Mercy. Overall, I would read more stories from Taryn Elliot in the future.

Well, I hope that you are enjoying what you are reading and I see you all later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review, Melody. I'm happy to report that I'm working on Mercy's story this winter. I do love that girl.

    ReplyDelete