background

Thursday, September 6, 2012

As You Wish by Elyssa Patrick

The past couple of days I have been reading As You Wish by Elyssa Patrick. I have to say I was impress with the story for  being a debut book. I actually really enjoyed it.

My Overview:

Aubry Riley a rockstar trying to put his life together again. Especially, since he fell apart after his wife Zoë died by a drunk driver six years prior. Picking up the pieces of his fragile life, he decides to fix the relationship between his daughter and sister.

Portia Jackson bubbly personality, who knows her faults, and has an irrational fear of wolves. Comes into Aubry's life, because her car broke down in the middle of no where Vermont.

Aubry takes her to the nearest gas station and waits with her till her brother gets there. While waiting with her, Aubry decides he would like to get know Portia a little more while he's in Vermont trying to fix his family relationship.

Can there be more to the budding relationship? Or is just a Christmas time fling? After all he's a rockstar and it wouldn't be surprising if he did.

My Thoughts:

I started laughing after the first five pages of the book. I loved it. Yeah, Aubry is a jerk in the book, but it's his rockstar mentality. However, it wasn't a hang up for me. I think Portia brought him out of his better side. There was awkward moments that made me laugh out loud, especially when Portia sees Aubry sister outside a particular store. I practically died. I had fun reading this book and I couldn't put it down.

As I said, I was impress with Elyssa's first book and look forward to reading more from her. I hope that you might get a chance to check out  As You Wish. This is my opinion and you can take it or leave it, but I loved the book.

So, I hope you are enjoying whatever your reading and I will talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment