background

Friday, June 15, 2012

More Than a Stranger by Erin Knightley

Last week I headed to my local Barnes & Noble to pick up Erin's debut novel, More Than a Stranger. So, I scour up and down the romance isle in search of her book. To no avail I couldn't find it. What! How can this be, it was suppose to be out that Tuesday. Determine to make my purchase that day, I sought the help of an employee and asked if they had a received Erin Knightley's book. I informed the employee it was to be release that day, so we mosey on over to the computer. The book in question showed up in the system, so the very nice employee checked the back to see if was ready to be shelved. To my relief, it was. YAY!  Before I could meander over to the check counter, I asked the employee who helped me get the book if she could take my picture with the book. As you can see, she was sweet enough to do that for me. She probably thought I was crazy and that's fine with me. As you can see there's a cheesy picture of me with Erin's book. Now you know the crazy story, here is what I thought of the book.

We have the first book to a new novel to a brand new series. It's always interesting to see how the characters will develop in the story. We have Lady Evelyn Moore (aka Evie) who starts writing to her brothers friend when he went of to Eton. She was so sick and tire of hearing how great his new best friend, Benedict Hastings, was. Evie decided to take matters into her own hands and decides to write him a letter to state that he was not Richard's best friend, but she was. So this starts a friendship between Hastings and Evie. They wrote to each other and then all of the sudden the letters start, which causes Evie's broken heart. We jump ahead and we meet an older Evie and Hastings. So, we see the inner struggle that Hastings is dealing with trying to keep all his secrets from his friends and family. At the same time, trying to keep up the facade that his name is James Benedict, while trying to keep his feelings for Evie at bay.

Overall, it was a sweet story of two friends who come to realize that love can start at a tender young age. And with that said, love at that age can be a tad bit fragile.  I liked the book and I look forward to reading more books from this up and coming author.

Congratulation Erin for your new book. 



2 comments:

  1. Awesome personal story and great review. This book sounds sweet and i love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody! This is Anna from the Regency Rockstars :) Just wanted to drop by and say hi and see what you were up to over here. Love the background!

    A couple weeks ago I went to a romance panel and got to meet Erin. Turns out she's one of my local authors and is just the nicest lady. Glad you were able to get the book release day! That's awesome. I'm reading this one in August and can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete