background

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beyond Seduction: A Bastion Club Novel by Stephanie Laurens

As you all know I occasionally will listen to a book on tape, which Beyond Seduction was my book of choice this go around. Ok, I got this book sometime in the middle of May and I'm just finishing it. Heres the reason why: my daughter is out of school and I just can't tune her out on a walk. I don't think she would appreciate walking for at least 30-40 minutes while I listen to a chapter. I would never finish the book, because she would whine and complain. No fun. So, I have been squeezing in times to listen to this book. Really, squeezing in. Almost a month later, I finish the book. It wasn't I didn't like it. I actually loved it. Just trying to find the right time to listen to it with out the interruption of children, which is a little difficult.

Remember in a previous post that I have this habit of jumping in a series, well it has happen again.  However, this time it was book six. Almost to the end of the series. However, through out the book it could have stand alone, but it wasn't until the end of the book where it might be important to read the other books before this one. Majority of the book focused on the budding relationship between Madeline Gascoigne and Gervase Tregarth, the Earl of Crowhurst. Let me say the this relationship was entertaining, because Gervase didn't believe he could find a local girl that would fit his criteria. However, to his surprise Madeline actually fits his criteria. I'm guessing that the villain makes an appearance in previous book, because he gets away in the end. Sorry if I ruined that for you. It was the one way to keep you reading this series.

When I have finished the pile of books that I currently have, I plan to go back and actually read this series. I really liked the one book that I listened to and it has enticed me to read the rest. Another thing I found interesting, with this audio version was a guy reading it. I don't know, but it was awesome to hear a male voice reading a romance novel, it just kinda melts your heart hearing it. Overall, loved it and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the stories and finish the series, one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment