background

Monday, September 1, 2014

Heir to Scandal by Andrea Laurence

A few weeks ago I finished Heir to Scandal by Andrea Laurence. A lot of that had to do with my character interview with Xander and Rose which you can checkout at [Link]. After all, it's important to know what to ask the characters. Anyway, I should share my thoughts on the actual story.

First off, this is the third book in the Secrets of Eden. We are getting closer to the end; just one more book and everything will be reveal. I can't wait. If you have been keeping up with the series, you would know in the last story they found the body and they hadn't identify it. Now everyone is on pins and needles waiting for the body to be identify. I know, stressful. So, we have that going on in the story. Now on to the romance.



Xander and Rose use to be together. Rose always knew that Xander was always meant for bigger better things, so she decided to breakup with him. Now Rose has been keeping a secret for sometime, and it's their son. *Gasp* Now Xander is back in town, and trying to keep his family's good name from going through the mud. Yet, he has this urge to see Rose and everything comes out about his son. Now he's trying to make a relationship with his son a possibly get back together with Rose.

Overall, I liked Heir to Scandal and I like that we draw a little closer to big reveal. In the story you will find, Rose and Xander trying to keep their sons birth a secret after all nobody really knew about him. However, I have to say that I do think their son is one clever boy. A big challenge for these two has to deal with Xander's political ambition and trying to have Rose and their son fit into the picture. After all, Rose isn't the typical trophy woman. Truth be told, I really do believe these stories need to be read in order cause the main plot builds. The romantic plot is affected by the main plot, so it's strongly encourage to read the beginning of the series. Yes, I liked Rose and Xander's story and I can't wait for the last book which is looking promising to be a good story. So, do you think you can handle secrets that rest in Eden?

Copy provided by author

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment