background

Friday, September 26, 2014

Finding Home by Roxanne Snopek (Review)

Yesterday I read Finding Home by Roxanne Snopek. I have enjoyed Roxanne previous stories, but I had a hard time connecting with this story. Don't get me wrong, Finding Home is a nice sweet read that deals with some serious issues.

Basically, Samara Davis finds herself as a widow and decided that she wanted to move back Marietta, Montana, because when she was younger that was the one place that she felt that she could feel at home. When she gets there things aren't going as plan, and she struggles. She has a lot on her plate with being a new widow and dealing with her child; the last person she expect to see was Logan Stafford. Now Logan couldn't forget Samara, even if tried. However, they were together one and the next she was gone. Now she has return to Marietta, and maybe this is a second chance for them to be together.

I really liked Logan. In Finding Home he was a decent guy and willing to bend over backward for Samara. Now Samara, I had a huge issue with her. I think a lot has to do with the fact she was extremely emotionally closed off that she wouldn't let anyone in. Now certain residents aren't going to let Samara get away with that. Logan being one of them, and Eliza and Aunt Mabel being the others. She realized what she was doing, but didn't know if she wanted to fix. I love that Aunt Mabel stepped in and pretty much put her in her place. I did like Aunt Mabel even though she's a bit brash.

Overall, Finding Home is a well written story with characters with strong emotional issues. A lot of story focuses on Samara and her taking back her life after the death of her husband and learning to trust the people in Marietta. Logan is fantastic and how he handles Samara and her daughter. Not a bad read, and it wasn't until the end when I finally liked Samara. However, others have enjoyed this story and this is just my personal feeling.

Copy provided by author.

Rating:
3 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment