background

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Review: The Deception by Marquita Valentine

 THE DECEPTION, Book 2

Roman Smith ~ Shopkeeper by day. Assassin by night. 

The undercover Russian contract killer has never turned down an assignment that rids the world of scum. But this … request is the first time his conscience has gotten the best of him. 

Only, he has a good reason—Everly Andrews, the woman who saved him from dying and has no clue who he really is. There’s nothing Roman won’t do to keep Everly in the dark, even if it means losing her in the process.

My Thoughts:


When I started with The Request, I wasn't wow. I liked the story, but it just didn't grabbed me. So, I was hoping The Deception would have that wow factor and grab my attention. I must say that it did. Honestly, the twist in the story had me wow. If you had read Just Desserts from the Holland Springs books, you would see how this trilogy fits into that time frame. I like how Marquita humanize a dirt bag in this story. Honestly, I would never had seen that coming. Sorry to be vague, but don't want to give to much away. 

Honestly, The Deception is better than the first book. Yes, it's hotter, because you see the development of Roman and Everly's relationship more. Man, grab yourself a fan. By the end, you are trying to figure out what the heck just happen and what's going to happen now. I can't wait for the conclusion cause it's going to be needed. If you haven't read The Request you will need to read that before continuing on to The Deception, because this is not a story you should jump into the middle of. 

Copy provided by author via WordSmith Publicity

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment