background

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Talking Dirty with the Boss by Jackie Ashenden

Yesterday, I finished Talking Dirty with the Boss by Jackie Ashenden. All right I have been waiting sometime for this story, because I have enjoyed the other books. I have to say that I did like the story.

Like Joseph, Luke McNamara has a bit of quirk. He isn't your typical hero. No, he suffers from OCD, but he doesn't want anyone to know that he suffers from it. I guess when he was younger he was shamed into thinking it was bad. So, he figure the best way is to hide it from everyone. Trying to hide his condition, he became a serial dater, which gave the image he was a player.

Now Marisa Clair does come off flighty and a bimbo at times. However, I thinks she's a bit clever for her own good, because she knows what guys tend to look at when they see a pretty blond with great assets. Yet, this combination gets her in a bit of trouble, and she has a hard time learning her lessons. You know some people are like that.

Basically, Luke and Marisa have this instant chemistry, since Luke has OCD and needs to follow order this is a bad idea. However, somehow he overcomes it and they have crazy heat between them. In a way to cope with the situation, Luke figures that it would be best to keep their relationship a secret. This makes Marisa feel like a dirty little secret, and it has to do with a past relationship (go figure).

All right, I have to say it's kind of unique to find an author who's willing to take a chance on a hero and not make him like every other hero. I think that makes the Talking Dirty books interesting, because it's not your same old stuff. Some people may have a hard time with it. Honestly, it makes these stories standout more. So, yes, I did like Luke's quirkiness. I think him and Marisa are one hot couple. So, if you are looking for a book without a typical hero, you might like Talking Dirty with the Boss.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this one; I liked book 1, absolutely loved book 2, so I'm hoping book 3 will be at least a solid 4 stars. Perhaps I'll start this next week . . .


    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete