background

Monday, December 16, 2013

Falling for the Marine by Samanthe Beck

Have you ever read a book that was like: WOW, now that was worth it! Or a story that was hot and steamy, but at the same time gave you that warm fuzzy feeling too. Well, Samanthe Beck's Falling for the Marine I felt that way. Seriously, loved this story. I wasn't sure if I was going to absolutely love the story, but I knew that I that I enjoyed the books. However, Samanthe somehow manage to wow me.

Basically, the story is about Michael McCade who is a helicopter pilot in the Marines and he's having back issues, so he has go see a massage therapist. Being a tough guy he really doesn't want to. Before he even gets to meet the masseuse he meets his neighbor Chloe Kincaid in a precarious situation. This adds to the hilarity when he sees Chloe again at massage therapy and they are caught in a compromising situation (those are always the best). Anyway, Chloe gets fired and needs to find a place to stay till her next assignment. Michael being a standup guy offers her a room to stay till then. However, Michael's commanding officer is a stickler for appearances, so they have a fake engagement.

Don't you love awkward and compromising situations and to top it all off with a fake engagement. This is like having the most decadent dessert you can think of. With all that going for the story, I had a problem with Chloe. Yes, Chloe is my issue. Don't get me wrong she was a really fun character to read, but she had some issues that she used as a crutch when it came to her life. I know sometimes it is easier to use the things that get us down as a crutch than really living life. I'm just so glad she came to her senses before I had to throw something. I absolutely loved Michael. He's awesome. He is the stuff that makes a hero a hero. Not because he's a marine, but he's thoughtful, caring, and let's not forget sexy. I could probably gush about him.

Let's be honest, I absolutely loved Falling for the Marine, because it was a fun, hot, steamy read. Plus, it left me feeling satisfy in the end. I can't wait to see what will happen to the next brother. So, if you are looking for a read that will leave you on a book high, you might want to read Falling for the Marine.

You don't have to read the first book in order to read this one. It can be read as a stand alone.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I have come lately to love everything I have read by publisher Brazen. It is great that the series usually do not have to be read in order. Will have to check this one out. Great review.

    ReplyDelete