background

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Playing the Maestro by Aubrie Dionne

Good morning everyone. Today I bring you another sweet read. I'm really excited to share this book with you all today. Last night I finished Playing the Maestro by Aubrie Dionne. I must say I really enjoy. Here's why:

Melody Mires is a principal flutist in the Easthampton Civic Symphony. She has vow never to date another musician again. Funny how that goes out the window when she sees Wolf Braun the new conductor from Germany.

However, there are a few obstacles that need to be tackled before these two kids can get together. First, Blake Templeton and his conniving scheme to get his sister as principal flutist. Second is the reason Wolf came to America, which happen to be escaping the clutches of an ex-girlfriend. However, she somehow weaseled her way to get close to Wolf.

Really, I did enjoy this book. Granted I did kind of read the book, because the heroine and I share the the same name. If you think about it we have the same initials and not many of you know I do play the flute. Not as well as the heroine, but I still play.

Let me share main reason why I enjoyed this story:
I love how caring and sweet Melody was in the story. She wasn't self-absorbed, but very down to earth. Then you have Wolf who came to America to start fresh and get away from a self-absorbed ex-girlfriend. Wolf wanted to steer clear from any relationship with Melody, because of what happen with his past ex. Plus, it didn't help Mel's case when she looks so similar to Alda. I love when Wolf comes to the realization that Mel is nothing like Alda. You start to hope for the best, then all of a sudden catastrophe  happens and you start to wonder if it's all going to workout. Fortunately, it's a romance novel and you know it will, but it's the how?

Overall, I found this a delightful sweet romance and lives up to the Bliss line. I do love the Bliss line, because they tend bring out the heart-warming sappy romance novels. I think everyone needs that every now again. So, if you are looking for that heart-warming feeling and want it with some musicians, I would say take a look at Playing the Maestro. Who knows you might get the urge to play too.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:


Purchase Links:

2 comments: