background

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey

Last night, I finished Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey. I must say that I enjoyed this book. However, I wasn't sure if I would enjoy at first. Yet the story was able to hook me as it progress. How can this story not hook you? Seriously. Here's why:

Joseph Kowalski (Joe) never really got over his high school sweet heart and yet there is hope that he can get back together with Keri Daniels by hook or crook. Fortunately, Keri's boss has provided a way to get them back together. After all, Tina Deschanel would do anything to a back story behind the recluse writer. So, she sends Keri off to rekindle an old flame and get her the story about Joseph Kowalski.

Old feelings have a hard time dying, when you return to the guy you left right after high school to pursue a career. However, there is a murky line between professionalism and old feelings. What better way to test to see if there is anything still there or not by camping? Or a road trip? But the test will be a family campout. Good times, good times.

Camping seems to bring out the best and worst in everyone. If you don't believe me, you need to try it sometime. We have Joe trying to show Keri that they could have worked out if she gave them half a chance. Then you have his family and the drama that they do bring. To top it all off, Keri's ex-best friend trying to keep her away from her brother. After all, Terry doesn't want to see Joe go through the pain Keri cause all those years ago.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. I actually liked how Joe manipulated the situation to work on getting back together with Keri. I have to admit Keri was a trouper for putting up with all the shenanigans that went on. I was delighted with all the heart-felt moments in the story. Some of them actually cause a tear, because they were so sweet to see. So, if you are looking a feel good book with camping hijinks you might want to read Exclusively Yours. Till next time.

Rating:


Purchase Links:








No comments:

Post a Comment