background

Friday, February 15, 2013

A Secret Proposal by Valerie Bowman

I hope y'all had a nice day yesterday. If not, I'm sorry. Anyways. Yesterday I finished A Secret Proposal by Valerie Bowman. I must say I really enjoyed this story. So, here we go:

The last time we saw Amelia Templeton, she kind of was a little bit rude to Lily. Partly because Lily basically took away Colton from her. Yeah, I know not sporting, but always fair love and war, right?

Well, Amelia reemerge after a couple months and determination to find a husband with a fabulous title. Here are the lucky candidates:


Duke of Standford
Marquis of Bartholemen
Earl of Highland

By the way, all these eligible bachelors are old enough to be her grandfather. Oh boy, lucky girl. However, there is one other guy on the list Mr. Thaddeus Hammond, yet her mother would have a fit if she knew he was on the list. Oh dear. So, who is she going to pick a mother approve gentleman or the bad boy. Given the choice I'll the take the younger bad.

At first, I wasn't sure I would like this story. Here's why: I had a really hard time with Amelia in Secrets of a Wedding Night. At the beginning of the story, I just thought she was a silly young woman who was just after a title. Once I got more into the story, I got a chance to really see Amelia and who she really was. After awhile, I really liked her character, especially when she basically made an indecent proposal to Thaddeus. Thad is a fantastic hero. I loved him from the get go. Even though he casts himself as the black sheep of the family, he's really a decent guy. However, he carries the burdens of the past on his shoulders.

Overall, loved it. Love the dynamics of the story and how it all came together. I love how the past influenced future events and how it almost came to be a disaster for Amelia. Not only that I LOVE the title. Seriously, what pops into your mind when you read A Secret Proposal? I mean so many thoughts on what the title could mean. Yes, for a quick read FANTASTIC! Loved and you might too. If you are looking for a novella you might want to read A Secret Proposal.

Rating:


Purchase Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment