background

Monday, November 19, 2012

To Dare the Duke of Dangerfield by Bronwen Evans

All right, last night I wanted to read something quick and enjoyable. So, I started To Dare the Duke of Dangerfield by Bronwen Evans, which happens to be the first book in the Wicked Wagers trilogy.

First off this is a light-hearted story that is mainly here to entertain you, it's short and sweet and nothing more. I personally like to have short and sweet story here and there. They tend to give you a break every now and then. With that said, we meet Lady Caitlin Southall who catches eye of "every woman's wicked fantasy," the Duke of Dangerfield. Even though he's every woman's wicked fantasy, she wants nothing to do with him. All she wants is to live a quiet life and find someone who will love her for who she is.

However, hopes and dreams have to be put on the back burner until she can get back her home that her father so carelessly wagered away to Harlow Telford (the Duke of Dangerfield). Upset at the situation she goes to the Duke to plead for her home. Unmoved by her pleads offers up another suggestion, they could wager for the home. The one who could win two out of the three got the home: faro, cake baking, and a horse race.

Granted the caking baking idea was a little silly, but all the wagers actually made the story light and amusing. Honestly, this story is brain candy. Sometimes we all need something that is light and fluffy. I enjoyed the story and plan to read the rest of the Wicked Wagers. I'm not going to lie, I really liked the ending. Granted it was highly unlikely to happen that way, but it was something I was really hoping for. I am a sap, and the story gave my inner sappiness joy. So, if you are looking for something to read that isn't to heavy, I would suggest you check out To Dare the Duke of Dangerfield you might get a kick out of it. So, have a wonderful day and keep on reading.

Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment