background

Thursday, November 22, 2012

eARC: To Catch a Captain by Ava Stone

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and those who are not in the US happy Thursday. If you have been reading my blogs for the past few months you would know that I'm a huge Ava Stone fan and absolutely love her writing, and adore most of her characters. However, there has been one character I've had the hardest time with and that would be Captain Russell Avery.

I'm really surprise on how soft I went on him in the last review, because if you follow me on twitter I wasn't so nice. I actually really despised him and thought he deserve what he got in the end of The English Lieutenant's Lady. After all he didn't love the girl he was betrothed to and treated her more like an object. Let's be honest that doesn't go over well with me. Without further ado let me share Ava's newest book To Catch a Captain and what I thought of it.

We catch up with Captain Russell Avery at his brother's home not really morning the lost of Phoebe Greywood, but just suffering from a wounded pride. It wasn't like he was in love with the girl, but his pride took a toll. Poor Russ. Sorry he won't get any sympathy from me. Anyways, he meets Bridgett Kelly while staying at his sister's home in Bayhurst Court. Lets just say he was struck by Bridgett appearance.

Now my thoughts. First off, Russ is still not my favorite guy, but he has risen a notch or two. He does have some redeemable qualities in the story. I mean when a guy goes beats up a dude that tried to kill Bridgett, because she happens to be Irish deserves to rise a little. There were times I did burst out laughing at Russ, because I thought they were funny. (Yes, I do have a mean bone in my body). However, I do love Bridgett; I think her character was the sweetest and kindest. I think she is perfect for Russ, even though he has some major flaws. Overall, I thought the book was a sweet story and as painful as it is for me to say this I'm glad Russ found happiness. It was a pretty good read and I hope you get a chance to read Russ' story and the other books in the Heroes Return trilogy.

With all that said, I hope that y'all come back next week to meet Captain Russell Avery as I get to know him better. Maybe he will change my opinion of him as he clears the air of somethings. I hope I didn't scare him off.

Other than that I hope y'all are having a wonderful day and enjoy the stories you are reading.

eARC provided by the author

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment