background

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Her Night with the Duke by Diana Quincy (Review)


I was excited to read Her Night with the Duke by Diana Quincy, because I read her very first book and I loved it. Honestly I had high hopes. Don't get me wrong it was pretty good read. I really like the beginning of the story, because we had so much sexual tension between Hunt and Leela. Both of them trying to fight their feelings. Hunt trying to marry Lady Victoria, which happens to be Leela's step-daughter. However, they are more friends than step-mother and step-daughter. 

The pacing of the story was going great for the first half of the story. However, the pacing slows down when a certain event happens. I felt that the latter half of the story felt like filler. I actually put the story down for sometime. I felt myself trying to finish the story. I wanted to scream at Hunt, there is a reason for Leela to turn you down you dolt. 

Overall, it was a pretty good story, but to me it felt like it was starting drag. I'm intrigued by other characters story. Hunt was a dolt at times. Leela was a strong heroine. I liked that she didn't simper when things didn't go her way, but made them happen. It's a pretty good start to a new series. 

Copy provided by Avon

Rating:
3 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment